– Nothing should break a word given, but two explicit things: when keeping the promise is doing the wrong thing, and the unforced absolition from it’s bearer.
– Try not to get late. You won’t always succeed, but your efforts will be truly appreciated.
– Don’t do anything you don’t like. It seldom is unavoidable. But will probably require a bit of sincerity.
– Do not present the things slightly better, especially those about in your favor. First-impression is overated. Disappointment is not.
– Feeling bad is a mere lack of adaptation. It is not related to the context, it’s about misunderstanding free-will. Thinking „With a bit of luck, it could have gone another way…”, when the only important element of focus should be „What will make it go the other way next time?”.